The head of the firm that left a dummy bomb at Manchester United’s Old Trafford stadium said he took full responsibility for the blunder which led to thousands of people being evacuated from the ground.
Chris Reid, the managing director of Security Search Management & Solutions Ltd, said he took full responsibility for the fake explosive which sparked Sunday’s security alert.
The dummy bomb, initially described by police as an “incredibly lifelike explosive device”, was left behind after a training exercise last week.
Speaking outside his home in Biggin Hill, Kent, Mr Reid, a retired Scotland Yard police officer, said: “This mistake is entirely mine. I have to take full responsibility for leaving a training item behind on Wednesday.”
The device, a mobile phone taped to a gas pipe, was mistakenly left behind after being used in a training exercise involving a sniffer dog team run by Deacons Canines and Security Search Management and Solutions Ltd.
Powered by Facebook Comments